Dr. Mathis has broad clinical experience in Correctional Medicine. For 20+ years he has provided healthcare to inmates in Virginia, Maryland and California.
- Board-Certified in Family Practice with additional credentials in Hospice and Palliative Care.
- Certified Correctional Healthcare Professional – Physician
- Former Medical Director for Eastern Correctional Institution, a 3,500 inmate prison in Maryland.
- Currently a Physician & Surgeon in the 3,000 inmate California Medical Facility, serving 33 California state prisons.
- Broad-based clinical experience including Emergency, Acute, Chronic and Hospice Care.
Dr. Mathis has 20+ years of experience organizing, time-lining and integrating medical records.
Dr. Mathis has 20+ years of experience writing medical-legal reports.
Dr. Mathis has 20+ years of experience giving testimony in depositions and trials.
Qualifications of an expert are of utmost importance. In addition to qualifications which are beyond reproach, and impeccable credentials, Dr. Mathis is one of the easiest to work with and most responsive experts with whom I have had the pleasure of consulting with over the last 26 years. Without hesitation, I recommend him to my colleagues who can benefit from his vast knowledge and expertise on Correctional Medicine.
Gregory L. Shevlin, Attorney
Dr. Mathis was the perfect choice to consult with on our case, as his extensive experience in Correctional Medicine allowed him to distinguish between medical care in the community and medical care in prison. He promptly reviewed a large number of documents, and generated a comprehensive report. His professional opinion was well-researched and thoroughly supported in medical journals. With confident testimony, Dr. Mathis successfully defended his conclusions. I very much appreciated his willingness to review new materials on an on-going bases, and his dedication to being available whenever needed. I hope to have the opportunity to work with Dr. Mathis again in the future.Susan G. Wibker, Asst. Attorney General